Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts»Edgartown Captain's House
- Bedrooms: 11
- Bathrooms: 7
- Sleeps: 25
The Edgartown Captains house is one of New England's finest examples of a whaling captain's home. The walls of this traditional house are steeped in history and full of stories. You could spend a month here and not have enough time to explore all of the nooks and crannies that are hidden throughout the house.
The house sits 2 blocks from the Edgartown Harbor along a white picketed lane. Sit out on either of the covered porches that run the length of the side of the house, in typical New England fashion, and watch the days activities both in the harbor and on the street. Take a snooze in the large, shaded side yard, also a perfect place and size for your wedding events, or cook up some lobster in your modern kitchen to serve out on the original brick patio.
Inside, on the first floor, you will find many varying seating and entertaining options, both formal and relaxed, as well as one of the large bedrooms. Up the beautiful, sweeping spiral staircase that runs up the center of the house, you will find the remaining 10 bedrooms, most with fireplaces. The two larger bedrooms both open up onto the second floor porch. All of the rooms have a fun vintage style that conjures up both nostalgia and the feeling of being home.
Martha's Vineyard is known to be one of the most beautiful parts of New England, and creates a perfect combination of relaxation and tradition. Enjoy the beautiful Edgartown Captian's House, along with all of your loved ones, for your intimate and elegant celebration. Also, Edgartown has several churches nearby, including the Old Whaling Church, as additional options for a wedding ceremony.
Minimum of 1 weeks stay required
Off season long weekends are 2/3 weekly rate
- 1st Floor
- Queen bed with ensuite bath on first floor in the back of the house.
- 2nd Floor
- Master - Queen Bed off the front porch, fireplace, elevator, shares full bath
- Two Twin beds off the front porch, fireplace, shares full bath
- Queen bed with fireplace, shares full bath
- King size bed or two twins (extra long) with fireplace and full private bath
- 2nd Floor - rear
- King size bed or two twins (extra long) , shares full bath
- Twin Bed with garden view - best for a child, shares full bath or 3rd floor
- Loft with three bunks on second floor.
- 3rd Floor - top
- Twin bed off the garden side of the house, shares full bath
- Twin bed, shares full bath
- Twin bed, shares full bath
- Two Twin beds in front play room, shares full bath
- Outdoor shower
- Large shaded lawn
- Brick patio
- Double covered porch
- Air conditioning with 4 zones
- DVD player
- Wired and wireless internet
- CD player
- LCD Flat screens
- Full kitchen supplies
- 9 bicycles available
- Horseback Riding
- Martha's Vineyard Steamship Authority (ferry): 5-10 minutes
- MV Airport: 5 miles
- Hotels and Inns available on island:
- The Harbor View
- Kelley House
- $500 cleaning and $3000 security deposit are required
- Event fee: $1,000 to hold a function and $2,000 to erect a tent plus $10,000 security