Perugia, Umbria»Capodacqua Guard Tower
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 4
- Sleeps: 8
Set in a valley surrounded by rolling green Umbrian hills, is a medieval stone fortress that exudes both extensive history and fine luxury. Dating back to 1300, Capodacqua Guard Tower, used by nobles, lords, cardinals and bishops, consists of the garrison, tower and church, all original and restored buildings.
Located on the same property as your accommodations, the original restored church will serve as a perfect setting for your wedding ceremony with it's astounding acoustics, beautiful stone work, and authentic seating. Another option would be to say your vows amongst the ruins, overlooking the Apennine valley, under the bright blue Italian sky.
Adjacent to the church, through the courtyard is the garrison accommodations for you and 6 of your guests. The first floor houses the large kitchen, which could serve as a dining room in the winter, decorated with antique copper cookware and ceramics. Off of the kitchen is a terrace where you can enjoy all meals during the warmer months as well as a bathroom covered with old 18th century tiles.
Located off the kitchen terrace and up a staircase is the tower where there is a TV room for relaxation and intimate time with your guests before and after the wedding. Also in the tower, on separate floors, are the bedrooms, all decorated in fine medieval luxury. Each bedroom has an en suite bathroom with large shower stalls, heating and cooling, plasma TVs, and internet access.
The Guard Tower's position between Florence, Rome and the Adriatic Coast is a perfect spot to explore some of the most historic sites of Italy while enjoying the best food and wine Italy has to offer.
You and your guests will be captivated by the Capodacqua Guard Tower's beauty and presence as you celebrate your wedding like lords and nobles.
- Ground Floor:Handicap accessible double bedroom in Garrison with bath
- First Floor:Kitchen with terrace
- Second Floor to Tower: Sitting area with Fireplace
- Third Floor: Lounge with internet, TV, telephone and stereo
- Fourth Floor: Double Bedroom with Bath
- Fifth Floor: Double Bedroom with Bath
- Sixth Floor: Double Bedroom with Bath
- The complex consists of two main buildings connected to each other by a large terrace
- Guard Tower
- Remains of other structures
- Outdoor dining and sitting areas
- Underfloor heating and cooling
- Large fireplace
- Plasma TVs equipped with Pay per View and free channels
- Orthopedic mattresses
- Free internet access
- Handicapped accessible bedroom
- Staff: 2(cook and waiter) 8 hrs per day, from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm and from 5 pm to 8pm
- Gardener/maintenance man 4 hrs per day
- Pool Cleaning
- Welcome Dinner
- Room safe
- Washing Machine
- Foligno about 12 km
- Spello about 18 km
- Assisi about 28 km
- Gubbio about 65 km
- Perugia about 43 km
- Several hotels and B&Bs in the surrounding area: within 15 km
- Minimum rental is three nights