Winchcombe, Gloucestershire»Winchcombe Castle
- Bedrooms: 24
- Bathrooms: 11
- Sleeps: 44
Sometimes described as the “most romantic” castle in England, Sudeley Castle is nestled in the Cotswold Hills of England. A rich history and 1200 acres of grounds make this a wonderful and elegant location to say “I do”. Home to Lord and Lady Ashcombe and the Dent Brocklehurst Family-this castle offers award winning gardens and Romantic 15th Century ruins along with a “bespoke service” to help you plan your wedding day.
Small or large wedding, this venue is versatile offering you many wedding options. Three located sites on the castle grounds offer spectacular views of the castle, the Ruins and also the surrounding Cotswold Hills. Several lovely interior rooms along with the library offer wonderful settings for smaller weddings. There are rooms for interior dining as well. The Chapel which is truly magical can accommodate over 100 guests. This romantic and elegant setting with its many options, will make a truly unforgettable place to celebrate your special day.
- Guests are accomodated along the edge of the estate between the castle and the historic town of Winchcombe.
- The King's Apartments sleep 11, have 6 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms all together.
- The Cottages, four in total, hosts 17 guests with 7 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Mill Court can sleep 16 guests, has 9 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Chandos Hall-up to 50 guests for ceremony
- Dent Brocklhurst Private Library-50 guests available all year.
- The Long Room-80 guests November thru March
- Medieval Banqueting Room-80 guests November thru March
- St. Mary's Chapel-accommodates just over 100 guests
- Expansive Lawns and Gardens:
- North Lawn-situated close to the Castle, overlooking the 15th century ruins of the Tithe Barn, beautiful gardens and carp pond-500 plus guests with a tent
- The Hop Field-amazing views over the Queens Garden and 15th century Ruins of the original Banqueting Hall and can accommodate 500 plus guests.
- The Mulberry Lawn-named because it is bordered on one side by ancient Mulberry Trees, is the most intimate of the sites, set close to the Castle and overlooks the Ruins. Can accommodate up to 180 guests.
- Tours of the beautiful gardens and the castle
- Shopping for the famous Winchcombe pottery
- Take a stroll along the winding farm lanes, by herds of sheep and just enjoy the beauty of the English countryside
- Closest airport 71km
- Closest train station 16km (rental car available at train station)
- Closest hospital 16km
- Nearby hotels and inns in Cotswolds