Lake Como, Italian Lake District»Palazzo di Lago Como
- Bedrooms: 8 (or 13)
- Bathrooms: 8 (or 12)
- Sleeps: 19(29)
Romantic Lake Como is home to the beautiful Palazzo di Lago Como, a 30,000 square foot villa, the largest on the lake. Many musicians, artists, writers and statesmen have stayed at the villa, including Napoleon Buonaparte, Vincenzo Bellini and Winston Churchill. Bellini wrote three of his operas while living here. The villa also has frescoes by Appiani, Napoleon's chief artist during the occupation.
The area surrounding the villa features six acres of gardens, falling from the top of Moltrasio to the lake's shores. There is an orchard, olive grove, flower garden, vegetable garden, rose garden, formal Italian garden and pool. All of these areas offer a spectacular setting for a wedding.
The interior of the villa is extravagant and wedding setting gorgeous. With a large front hall, majestic staircase, music room and many other wonderful features, this is a breathtaking The bedrooms have views to the lake and the mountains.
€27.000 3 nights
€20.000 2 nights
€15.000 1 night
- Grand entrance hall
- Drawing/living room
- Formal dining room
- Tuscan dining room
- Kitchen grill room, 2 fireplaces
- Bar/Cinema, 15-foot fireplace
- Wine Room with fireplace
- Billiard Room
- Music Room with Bluethner grand piano & twin marble fireplaces
- 566 sq-ft workout facility with view of the lake and the pool
- SUITE BISBINO
- Suite Bisbino contains one large bedroom, one smaller bedroom, and a bathroom totalling 869 square feet. Suite Bisbino faces the mountains and the village and has a double four poster bed, Zoffany wallpaper and a bathroom with a beautiful steel-covered antique English bathtub. The second bedroom, for one person, contains a decorative, original antique fireplace and ornate ceiling.
- SUITE BELLINI
- Suite Bellini is nicely situated in the corner of the second floor. The suite contains a large bedroom and bathroom totalling 1,224 square feet. The bedroom enjoys enviable views of the lake to the north and the south and totals 576 square feet. The bedroom is exceptional with an ornately painted wrought iron queen sized bed. Like the other suites, Suite Bellini is filled with antiques and beautiful art. The bathroom is fit for a king and queen and totals 648 square feet. It features Lombardy cotta floors, Siena marble tops, a shower and a large jacuzzi bathtub.
- SUITE NORMA
- Suite Norma, like the other lake-facing bedrooms, has stunning views and beautifully decorated ceilings and doors. The Suite is 837 square feet and has a matrimonial antique brass bed with Lombardy cotta floors. The suite’s bathroom is outfitted with Philip Starck bathtub, washbasin and toilet.
- SUITE SANT' AGATA
- Suite Sant’ Agata is a beautiful suite with two sitting rooms, a large bedroom, two smaller bedrooms, a sauna for two and a bathroom with a steam shower for a total of 2,592 square feet. The suite features beautifully carved ceilings of musical instruments. The lovely views are of the lake and swimming pool. The sauna and bathroom contain a beautiful fireplace, antique English bathtub and a steam shower. This suite is the envy of the Villa.
- SUITE SONNAMBULA
- Suite Sonnambula has a large bedroom and equally large sitting room that face the mountains and the village of Moltrasio. Together with the bathroom, this suite totals 1,578 square feet. The sitting room has a marble fireplace and antique writing desk. The bedroom has a beautiful antique Pugliese matrimonial bed and rich antique furniture. The bathroom is 444 square feet and contains Philip Starck designer bathtub, washbasin, and toilet. The bathroom features fabulous views of Lake Como.
- SUITE CAMILLA
- Suite Camilla has beautiful views of the mountains and of Moltrasio. Suite Camilla measures 943 square feet and contains a large bedroom of 643 square feet and a bathroom of 300 square feet. The bedroom has antique wooden floors and is decorated in Colefax and Fowler wallpaper. There is a four poster matrimonial bed in this bedroom with beautiful English and Italian antiques. The bathroom has a steel and porcelain antique English bathtub and skeleton shower encased in crystal glass.
- SUITE DELLA NONNA
- Suite della Nonna faces the lake, with beautiful views of the lake and the swimming pool. This suite is 1026 square feet. The bedroom is 432 square feet. It has beautifully restored wooden floors, Zoffany wallpaper and important paintings and antiques. This suite has a beautiful and separate sitting room of 378 square feet and lovely bathroom of 216 square feet with antique Rotterdam WC and steel English bathtub.
- SUITE LAURA
- Suite Laura is 1418 square feet and is the most spectacular suite in the Villa. It is positioned at the corner of the Villa with magnificent views of the lake to the north and the south. The entire suite is wood paneled and painted decoratively reflecting the Villa’s eighteenth century origins. In the bedroom is a large grey marble fireplace that is original to the Villa. The bedroom is 612 square feet and the bathroom is 648 square feet. For the Signora is a delicate powder room of 158 square feet.
- Private dock on Lake Como
- Swimming pool
- Pool terrace with greenhouse
- 32 ft. Mahogany boat
- Two ovens & Sub-zero refrigerators
- Fitness room with lake views
- TV & VCR, workout tapes
- Fireplaces throughout
- Continental breakfast
- Full linen & towel service
- Chef service @ €30 per hour
- 4 hours of maid service included
- Airport: Malpensa Milan: 30 km
- Train: 8 km
- Car rentals available at airport and near train
- There is another villa on the same property that sleeps 10 additional guests!
- Villa d'Este within walking distance
- Other villas and hotels nearby