Venice, Venice and Environs»Venice Apartments (Honeymoon)
- Bedrooms: 19
- Bathrooms: 19
This recently restored 16th century villa officially opened for business in February 2011 and is fully equipped with 11 romantically-rustic units in which one may stay and experience the true Venetian life.
The owner, a native Venetian, strives to “preserve the culture and historical livelihood of her city” and this is the spirit which impassioned her to purchase and restore the villa.
The Venice Apartments once served as residencies for Italian nobility. It was also very popular in the 20th century when it was known as a high-end pensione called Pensione Frollo. During that time, it entertained famous actors, painters, and writers such as Eleanora Duse, Mabel Holland, and Gabriele D’Annunzio.
The apartments consist of 11 private units, up to 9 of which can be connected (three 1 bedroom and eight 2 bedroom residences). The villas as spread out over 3 floors and are listed below:
- Ground Floor:
- Turchese: 1 bedroom with a living room; 60m/646ft.
- Opale: 1 bedroom studio; 70m/753ft.
- Acqua Marina: 2 bedrooms with a living room; 150m/1615ft.
- First Floor:
- Residenzaf: 2 master bedrooms with a living room; 300m/3229ft.
- Zaffrino: 2 bedrooms with a living room, kitchen, and dining room; 190m/2045ft.
- Perla: 1 master bedroom with a guestroom, living room, and kitchen; 150m/1615ft.
- Corallo: 2 bedrooms with a living room and kitchen; 150m/1615ft.
- Second Floor:
- Ambra: 1 master bedroom with a library including a daybed, living room, and kitchen; 180m/1938ft.
- Giada: 2 bedrooms with a living room and kitchen; 140m/1507ft.
- Agata: 2 bedrooms with a living room and kitchen; 150m/1614ft.
- Onice: 2 bedroom with a living room and kitchen; 150m/1614ft.
- Communal Swimming Pool
- 3 acre Private Garden (the largest in Venice)
- Outdoor Meditation Pool
- Reading Room and Wine Bar with working fireplaces
- Winter Garden Lobby with open view of the city and garden
- Original wall frescoes
- Italian wood floors and Venetian "Tarrazzo" floors
- Pure linen and silk fabrics by Rubelli, Donghia, and Jesurum
- Custom-designed, equipped kitchens with wine cabinets by Brummel
- Nespresso coffe machines
- Oversized tubs with showers made of stone
- Spacious closets
- A/C, complimentary WiFI, iPad docking station, satellite TV, DVD/CD player, movie library
- 32" and 52" flat screen TV monitors by ANTAREX
- Private Concierge service
- Laundry service
- Butler service and shuttle service available
- Great Canal 5 Minutes away