Punta del Este, South East Coast»Jose Ignacio Villa
- Bedrooms: 12
- Bathrooms: 12+
- Sleeps: 36
Make your destination wedding an event of a lifetime at Uruguay's Jose Ignacio Villa. At this villa you and your guests will immerse yourselves in the finest Uruguayan art and architecture while enjoying a traditional ranch experience and the splendor of South America's finest beaches and beach life.
Jose Ignacio Villa sits on 4,000 acres in the rolling countryside of Jose Ignacio, Uruguay. The estancia borders the Arroyo and Laguna Jose Ignacio, which meets the Southern Atlantic just two kilometers away. It is 20 kilometers northeast of Punta del Este, which is emerging as Uruguay's premier international destination, drawing travelers to enjoy the pristine beaches, nature, rugged landscape and relaxed, bohemian setting.
The Spanish colonial style building is a 50,000 square foot structure featuring white adobe walls and red tin roofs with covered walkways linking multiple outdoor courtyards and idyllic gardens. There are expansive patios featuring outdoor seating areas, sculpture installations, a large herb garden, a large grass covered garden area, a 20 meter pool, and a unique painted garden chapel, offering a myriad of options for your wedding festivities. Other facilities include a wine cellar, gym and spa, a full sized private polo field, a games room and a parillero (a Uruguayan barbeque room), just to name a few. Exceptional Uruguayan art is featured throughout the property.
3 nights: $15,000
2 nights: $10,000
1 night: $7,000
Wedding only: $12,000
- Sunny 66 foot long living room with art, 2 huge fireplaces, billiard table & game tables
- Elegant vaulted brick formal dining room with candlelit chandeliers & view of wine cellar
- Vaulted brick 5,000 bottle wine cellar
- 12 guest suites
- Gym & Spa with range of equipment plus sauna/steam, personalized yoga instruction & sap treatments
- Parillero, a Uruguayan barbecue room with fogon (open fire pit)
- Game room with table tennis, darts, Nintendo Wii, movies and fireplace
- Magnificent garden chapel
- Charming cobblestone & gravel courtyard; can serve as additional special event space
- North Garden, reflecting pool
- South Garden, granite swimming pool & wood
- Organic herb & vegetable garden
- Polo Field
- Two patios
- All suites have full bathroom, original art, balcony or terrace, safe, minibar, telephone, Satellite TV, hair dryer and air-conditioning.
- On site:
- Play polo, take a private polo lesson
- Watch polo matches
- Golf: 20 km
- Museums: 16 km
- Vineyards: 35 km
- Restaurants: 7 km
- Bars and Bistros: 7 km
- Shopping: 16 km
- Sailing: 5 miles
- Airport: Punta del Este or Montevideo, 60 Km
- Rental Car
- Villas: 5 miles
- Unavailable for weddings December 15 through February 15. Deposit is 50% and final payment due 60 days prior to ceremony.